Friday, October 23, 2009

Lost Avery County soldiers

Greetings folks! I’ve been going through the Confederate pension records for Avery County. All of these men found below received a Confederate pension from the state of North Carolina, but I do not know where they are buried. Look over this list and see if you can fill in a couple of my blanks.


Bennett, R. G. 21st VA, Co. I Banner Elk
Brewster, J. M. 37th NCT, Co. E Altamont
Carpenter, Jacob 58th NCT, Co. A Altamont (This is Uncle Jake)
Cook, John M. 58th NCT, Co. A Saginaw
Fortner, Alexander 16th NCT, Co. C, Saginaw
Fostner, J. H., 56th NCT, Co. C Saginaw
Gray, W. D., 35th NCT, Co. B Hale
Hobson, B. 29th NCT, Co. I Valley
Harvel, William 58th NCT. Co. A Ingalls
Maltba, T. L. 55th NCT, Co. F Altamont
Norwood, William L. 31st NCT, Co. E Banner Elk
Ollis, Davis 7th NCST, Co. C. Ingalls
Pucket, Joseph 29th NCT, Co. E Minneapolis
Rose, E. M. 29th NCT, Co. I Saginaw
Sellers, J. P. 6th NCST, Co. E Altamont
Summerow, J. C. 26th NCT, Co. I Saginaw
Thomas, Jacob 6th NCST, Co. E Minneapolis
Tucker, Joseph 2nd NCST, Co. A Hole
Turbyfield, J. P. 58th NCT, Co. A Elk Park
Wright, T. W. 6th NCST, Co. E. Altamont
Vance, T. D. 58th NCT, Co. A. Ingalls

1 comment:

  1. I don't have any information on any of the above but I would like to add my gggrandfather Benjamin Hines to the list. Wife Adeline Gregg Hines did apply for pension. I have death notice and pictures of Benjamin. He lived and raised a family in Cranberry area. Died in 1907. Do not know where he is burried. Served with honor in several CSA units. Have much additional information if needed. Family wants to know where burried so can pay respect and errect marker. Lowell presnell

    ReplyDelete